So recently I’ve been cutting and I’ve found that a mixture of HIIT and LIIT training has been working very well for me.
This is a typical day for me:
- I spend just over an hour doing weight training.
- 20 mins LIIT jog.
- 20 mins HIIT training.
Now lots of people don’t really know what to do with HIIT training, so here’s how I do mine:
Warm up (No rest in-between exercises) –
- 20 reps – Touch your toes
- 20 reps – Lunges
- 20 reps – Side lunges
- 20 seconds – High knees
- 20 seconds – Butt kicks/ Heel flicks
- 20 seconds – Arm circles
- 20 reps – Truck twists
- 20 reps – Side strech
HIIT training (agian it’s important not to rest between exercises) –
- 30 seconds – High knees sprints
- 10 reps – Burpees
- 30 seconds – Mountain climbers
- 20 reps – Touch the floor then jump
- 30 seconds – Butt kicks/ Heel flicks
- 30 reps – Star jumps
Now this might not seem like a lot, but trust me you will feel this after one set. Take a 1-2 minute rest and then repeat the HIIT training at least 4 more times.
This will burn off any extra fat in no time, this is because training in a HIIT fashion will keep burning calories for up to 24 hours after.